It’s not uncommon for the word “financing” to instill feelings of anxiety in car shoppers - or when making any large purchase, for that matter. The good news is, Van Horn Volkswagen of Sheboygan prioritizes your comfort and confidence throughout the financing stage, ensuring you get the best-possible interest rate and terms.
Common Finance Terms
Shopping our local Volkswagen dealer for new VW cars near Sheboygan, WI means an inevitable encounter with various finance terms. We break down some of the most common.
- Finance: Before delving deeper, it makes sense to define what “finance” means. Essentially, financing a car means that you borrow money from our VW dealer in order to pay for the vehicle. Once you’ve paid back the loan, the car is 100 percent yours.
- Down payment: Let’s say you visit our Volkswagen dealership at 5515 Racetrack Rd in Sheboygan, WI and buy a car for $20,000. You decide to give us $5,000 at the time of purchase, which represents the down payment. Now you only owe us $15,000 (plus interest) for the car. A good rule of thumb regarding a down payment is the more you put down, the lower your monthly payments are.
- Term: The length of your car loan.
- Trade-in: When you sell us your current vehicle to offset the purchase price of your new car.
- Rebate: Also known as an “incentive,” this could take the form of cash-back, a low/zero interest rate, or special savings on a specific model’s price.
Our VW Finance Department
Our VW Finance department supports its customers in a number of ways. For one, we leverage our strong relationships with local and national lenders in order to get you the most favorable interest rate and terms. Also, we offer regular dealership specials and manufacturer incentives designed to save you money on the purchase of your preferred VW vehicle.
When you work with our VW finance center, you’ll also receive a competitive offer for your trade-in, ensuring that your current vehicle’s equity is fully maximized and put toward the purchase of the new model.
Finance a New Volkswagen Model Today
If you’ve been wondering where the best “VW dealership near me” is located, wonder no more. At Van Horn VW of Sheboygan, we’re committed to doing right by each of our customers, addressing their unique needs and budget in order to provide the perfect financing package.